Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Walk in the Park


A Walk in the Park
I am always thankful for where I go to school. Living right outside of Boston is nice; it allows you all the freedom to explore the city with none of the negatives like expenses and traffic. However, with such a busy academic life, sometimes I forget to utilize the amazing capital right next door. This weekend, I took some time to slow down and visit. Leon and I headed into Beacon Hill, known for its historic charm. We shared brunch and strolled through the park, realizing how quickly the cold was settling in on us. We grabbed coffee and cookies, we relaxed. It may sound uneventful, but it was exactly what I needed. The title of this particular post is actually rather ironic, because my life is anything but a walk in the park right now. Nearing the end of my senior fall semester, I am stressing about jobs, living situations, medical school and graduation. I recently registered for the MCAT and have officially started a schedule that dedicates 20 hours a week to studying, not to mention classes, homework, exercise, social life and remembering to feed myself. So I took this weekend to take my final deep breath before I plunged ahead with a new, rigorous schedule. It felt nice to enjoy my last few days of freedom, and I'm here to remind you that breaks are okay and sometimes necessary. Always schedule in free time for yourself and remember to practice self care. You'll thank yourself later. With some personal thoughts out of the way, I am happy to say I was finally able to break out my wool coat and winter accessories. This jewel-tone coat is a favorite of mine from last season, but J.Crew Factory still carries it for a steal!







Details

Pink Pineapple Shop Earrings. Not currently listed on site, but might be available in storeSimilar.

                              
                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment